Holy smokes, I can’t believe it’s already been 4 weeks!
Today’s team workout with Kayla was all about fat burn and strength. We did a few things…
Circuit 1 (repeated 2x’s – do each exercise for 45 seconds)
- Sideways Walking Plank
- Scissor Kicks
- Reverse Fly’s (20lbs)
- Weighted Toe Touches (7lbs)
- Overhead Weighted Lunges (12 lbs)
- Plank Jumps (I don’t know what this is called, but we were in plank, and then jumped up to the left , back to center, and then up to the right)
- Squat Jumps
Weighted V-Sit Team Challenge!
We did a relay styled team challenge. We all sat in a row, and one of us started doing V-sits with 10 lb weight. We each did a set of 10 and passed it along. We tried to get the most V-sits done in 3 minutes… and after 3 minutes, the 5 of us did 150 V-sits as a team! Woot!
Circuit 2 (repeated 2x’s – do each for 30 seconds)
- “Around the World” Jumps (Make a really big square with jumps)
- Basketball Jumps (similar to squat jumps)
- Side Shuffles
Circuit 3 (repeated 2x’s – do each for 30 seconds)
- Lateral Lunge Jumps
- High Knees with raised arms
I really can’t believe that a whole 4 weeks has passed! I’m going to try to go to a few more classes before my final weigh-in/ InBody Assessment on Friday.
I also did my first 15 mile run this past Sunday – and it was brutal. I started at 6:30am and it was 55F. When I ended 2 hours and 48 minutes later, it was 81F. I filled up my water bottle 3 times over those 15 miles, and I ate a whole pack of SNAP Candy, plus 4 honey stinger chews. Looks like I need to start getting my long runs in at like 4am.
This is what my week looks like:
- Monday: REST
- Tuesday: Workplace Warrior Workout
- Wednesday: 5 miles & Tabata Core class
- Thursday: Bootcamp for Runners
- Friday: Spinning
- Saturday or Sunday: 16 miles (oh boy)