Who doesn’t love a good breakfast sandwich? Starting the day off with an easy to make, yet healthy, breakfast can set you up for an epic day – and who doesn’t want that?!
I’m usually that person at breakfast that can’t decide if they want something sweet or something savory, so it’s pretty fitting that this breakfast sandwich is the best of both worlds.
You’ll notice there is no bread, feel free to add bread or a bagel if you want something a little heartier!
What you’ll need:
- One avocado
- A couple slices of tomato
- Lantana Mango Hummus
- One or two eggs (up to you!)
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Peel your avocado and cut in half and take the pit out.
- Put your tomato on one half of your avocado – sprinkle a little salt on them for a little extra flavor
- In a separate bowl, take three tablespoons of Lantana Mango Hummus and mix with one teaspoon of sriracha. I like just a little bit of heat, but if you want to go a little spicier, add in a small amount at a time – a little goes a long way.
- Spread your spicy mango hummus on the opposite half of the avocado.
- Cook your eggs – I personally love quickly frying my eggs, but this recipe also works really well if you want to scramble them, since the avocado has a nice little bowl for them.
- Put your eggs on top of the tomatoes.
- Carefully put your avocado sandwich together, cut in half and ENJOY!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by Lantana Foods. I received compensation and product in order to create a recipe. However, y’all know me, and when I say something is delicious, it’s delicious – regardless if I received it or not. 🙂
This is a fun way to play with your food, while still keeping it healthy! I love berries and while they are more traditionally summer food, when I find them in the supermarket in the dead of winter here in New England, I snag them.
Lantana Strawberry Hummus is a great addition to any snack since it satisfies your sweet tooth, while also giving you a dose of protein and fiber to keep you full.
So here is what you need for your holiday fruit shish kabobs!
- Stick pretzels
- One pomegranate
- One box of raspberries and one box of blackberries
- One 8oz container of Lantana Strawberry Hummus
What you need to do:
- First up, slice open that pomegranate. If you’ve never done this before – heads up, pomegranate juice is BRIGHT red/purple and can leave your kitchen counter looking like a Halloween display. You’ll need to take the seeds from just one side that that you cut open.
- From here, mix the pomegranate seeds into the Lantana Strawberry Hummus. Shake in a little of the pomegranate juice to up the ante – pomegranate and strawberry is a power couple made in fruit heaven. Save some of the seeds to garnish the top of your hummus with.
- This is when you start to have fun. Take a pretzel stick, and start to build your shish kabob! Depending on how big your pretzel is, or how much fruit you have, you can have some fun with it.
- Now, give it a big ol’ dip in the hummus and ENJOY!
Shakira was right… hips don’t lie. And often times, we totally ignore what our hips are telling us, until they scream.
Typically, people will realize they have tight hips when they wake up having lower back pain. Are you nodding your head? I know I am.
Your hips tend to carry the brunt of our stress and tension. And as uncomfortable as it can be to release that tension through stretching and a regular yoga practice, it’s more uncomfortable to carry that tension and stress with us every single day.
But fear not, all that hip tension CAN be worked through if you give yourself a little love. We are all guilty of sitting a little more than we should, and while we might not be able to help it due to work and commute constraints, we DO have the choice to get up, go for a walk, and do a few stretches throughout the day.
Head over to Yoga Hub to read the FULL blog post and see how you can make those hips feel a little better!